How Action Learning Powers Your Leaders’ and Business’s Development
What is Action Learning?
Action learning is a key training and problem-solving tool where leaders work in small groups with a trained coach to solve real company problems. This experiential learning drives their development and the development the organization.
It is a tool used by organizations that want to:
- Develop its leaders and ready them to lead strategic change
- Identify competitive advantages in the marketplace
- Reduce operating costs
- Create high-performing teams
- Put their strategic goals in motion
Here are just a few of the business questions that Training & Leadership Success has helped organizations tackle through our Action Learning programs:
- How do we better engage our front-line employees?
- In what ways can we reduce material costs in our operations department?
- What are cost effective ways to better brand ourselves as a front-runner in the marketplace?
- What are the pros and cons of expanding our employee wellness programs?
- How do we make our vendor management systems more efficient?
We integrate Action Learning into your leadership development strategy through our proprietary Leadership Academies or create a stand-alone Action Learning program for you.
There are 6 Components that Go into Action Learning:
- A Business Problem: that is urgent, significant and the team has authority to resolve it.
- An Action Learning Team: 5-8 people from different units across the organization.
- Insightful Questioning and Reflective Listening: Action learning effectively tackles problems through a process of first asking questions to clarify the exact nature of the problem, reflecting and identifying possible solutions, and only then taking action.
- Taking Action on the Problem: If the group makes recommendations only, it loses its energy, creativity and commitment. It must take action to resolve the challenge.
- Commitment to Learning: In addition to the shorter-term benefit of solving the business problem, the longer-term, sustainable benefit is the application of learning throughout the organization.
- An Action Learning Coach: Our trained and experienced coaches help your team members reflect on what they are learning, how they are collaborating and solving problems.
To request this training, contact us today.