Loren Margolis, MSW, CPC
Founder & Managing Director
Executive coach, Forbes contributor and Faculty for the State University Of New York, Loren partners with global organizations to develop their leaders and build inclusive cultures. She teaches women leaders how to build their executive presence and career strategies for the Women Leaders In STEM program at SUNY Stony Brook.
She serves as an ongoing physician leadership coach for Einstein College Of Medicine and an executive coach for Baker McKenzie’s LIFT Program (Leaders Investing for Tomorrow), which is a sponsorship and mentoring initiative that supports the progression of women lawyers into coveted leadership roles.
Loren previously taught and coached for nine years at Columbia Business School.
Loren has been coaching leaders for two decades and specializes in helping them:
- Rise above limiting beliefs and mindsets that hold them back.
- Understand how they’re perceived by others, and evolve their approach to deepen their organizational savvy and influence.
- Balance leading with empathy and driving performance to create better team results.
- Build their capacity to lead themselves and others through change and uncertainty.
- Onboard successfully to a new, executive leadership role.
- Get out of the weeds and focus on higher level, strategic work after a promotion.
In addition to her own executive coaching practice, Loren leads a dynamic team at TLS that provides custom leadership development and team solutions for global organizations.
Prior to founding TLS in 2015, Loren coached investment bankers at Columbia Business School, founded Columbia’s peer coaching program, built Columbia’s Presentation Skills course and created the Entrepreneurship Development Program.
She led Training and Development for 64 offices across the U.S.A. and Canada at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and leadership development for 23,000 employees at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Named to Newsweek’s Experts column in 2021, Loren is also a regular contributor to Forbes.com and is frequently quoted in the press on career and leadership issues.
UBER, Harry’s, Citi, Columbia Business School, Weill Cornell Medicine, SAP, Bain & Company, ESPN, Unilever, Stanford Healthcare, UNICEF USA, Johnson & Johnson, Madhive.
MSW from SUNY at Stony Brook (Salutatorian), BA in Psychology from Hartwick College.
Certifications and Training:
- ICF accredited coach training & credentialing, Center For Coach Certification
- Certified Master Training Facilitator
EQ-i 2.0 and EQ-360 (emotional intelligence)
- Hogan Assessments
- Psychological Safety Assessment
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Five Surprising Phrases Successful People Never Use At Work
How To Maximize Your Employees’ Success With Professional Coaching
Three Rules For Effective Delegating
How To Deliver Constructive Feedback To Your Manager
15 Ways Leaders Can Hone Active Listening Skills (And Why They Should)
14 Critical Components Of Successful Team-Building Activities